2014 – 2015
For this project Ward Chandler, our Auckland based division, provided the electrical work for the refurbishment of the production line in Metro Performance Glass Auckland factory. This fit-out required all new main switchboards and distribution boards to be able to meet the requirements of new machinery on the production lines. We were able to adequately provide for the needs of the new equipment installed onto the factory floor, which allowed Metro Performance Glass’s automated line to increase in efficiency.
McKay was contracted by Metro Performance Glass for the design, supply and installation of the electrical and automation works, which included:
- Designed, supplied, and installed three new main switchboards
- Design, supplied, and installed six new distribution boards around the plant
- Supplied and installed power factor correction units
- Installed and wired plant equipment and machinery such as the furnace, blowers, crane, heat soak, compressor, and buffer
- Fit-out all power and lighting needs for the office section of the building
- Supply and install all cabling and cable support around the facility
- Test and commission all electrical works around the facility
This project was a complete overhaul to Metro Performance Glass’s production line, which gave us the ability to build a fully fleshed out engineering solution without having to work around quirks left in the system by an old method of doing things. By choosing us to deliver the full design solution to them, our clients can make the best use of our teams of project managers, engineers, electricians, and technicians who have experience over a wide range of fields.