Ward Chandler provided electrical services for Watts & Hughes Construction during the building of 36 additional residential apartments in a new complex at the Bethesda Retirement Village. To tackle this project we used our Auckland-based division, Ward Chandler, who had the local resources in place to deliver this work on time and on budget. We have teams based all around the North Island, ready to mobilise for any projects we undertake, and this is an example of how our personnel are able to provide the strengths of a locally based electrical contractor while having the strengths that come from being part of a strong country-wide network.
Ward Chandler was contracted by Watts & Hughes to undertake these electrical works, which included:
- Connection of a new transformer to handle the increase capacity required post expansion
- Supply and installation of the main and distribution switchboards
- Supply and installation of light fittings and lighting controls for general and emergency lighting
- Supply and installation of power outlets for general and special purpose
- Supply and installation of equipment for security and CCTV systems
- Supply and installation of emergency call and telecommunications systems
- Supply and installation of the emergency power generation system
- Supply and installation of all cabling and cable support systems
- Testing and commissioning of all electrical works performed onsite
At the conclusion of this project Ward Chandler began routine preventative maintenance in order to guarantee the continued functioning of the electrical systems we provided. When we complete a project we strive to ensure that it performs as well as possible for our client, and a major part of this is offering continued support. This service allows our clients to rely on the work we provide.